Saturday, 29 September 2007

This is my first "Meme"...

My Internet's begginings... This "Meme" (a "Meme" is the analog way to do a message chain by e-mail), was sent to me by Natalia , and I should share with you my Internet's begginings.

When did I start to use Internet? ... It was in the 2001 year, when I started the university. I had my first e-mail account at yahoo, and I used to visit a site called "mundo yerba", where I read jokes and saw funny stuffs.
I became really addicted to Internet because of UOL site. I discovered there the chat! I stayed longs hours chatting, and I have made some good friends. I still talk to my first cyber-friend! His name is Joel, and he's from Buenos Aires city.
But my most amazing discover was Yahoo Messenger. I found it by chance, browsing yahoo page, and installed it in one of the computers at the university. This was magical to me. Then a friend of mine, Andrea, told me about a similar program, the ICQ (R.I.P.).
I want to say that I have found wonderfull people in the "cyberspace". I have met personally with Pablo and Javier, and It was a nice experience :).
My first type of home connection to Internet was dial-up, you can imagine. I only could download e-mail, not browsing. Then I suscribed a browsing plan, hours limited. We (my brothers and I) had only 60 hs to get connected to the Internet. This was the Internet connection war at home!! :D
Well... mmm... oh! I use yahoo or altavista as first sites serching. Then I found Google, and I never leave it, because it's the best.
Nowadays, I really think that a PC without Internet connection isn't a PC ;). I like trying all the web services, so I use homebanking, blogs, chat, e-mail, video on youtube, music... I make reservations to the cinema or hotel, pay my taxes, consulting the weather on line, and so on!!

Now, and because it's a "MEME", I should pass it to three peple more, so:

* Nelba (of course!!)
* Bárbara
* Matute

CU people!!


Trackback: Nelba, Barbara, DolisMolero

13 comments:

Matute said...

Hi!!

I see you let me some homework ;)
It's good!! It's an amazing topic!

I will post in my blog and make a link so we can test the pingback.

See you and keep posting!

Matutek

Prof. Nelba Quintana- La Plata- Argentina said...

Hi, Ma. Luján. Great work and idea about the meme. I´ll do the homework... ey! I used to give homework. Have we changed roles???
jajaja See you

Barbara said...

It's a good idea to talk about how we started using internet. A very interesting topic! I will answer the question by mail to Nelba.
See you!

doris3m said...

Hi, Lujan! great idea this of MEME. I-m going to use it with my students. If you want to read my meme ... you-ll have to visit-s Nelba-s blog, I wrote it there.

keep on shining!
Doris3m

bili said...

http://lunatik-kin16282.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-first-internet-experience.html
here's my weekly task on this topic...
have a great day!
;)

Teja said...

Hi. This is my weekly task on this topic. http://wwwcerneteja-teja.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-did-i-start-to-use-internet_16.html

Bye

pikec85 said...

you can also read something about my first contact with internet over here: http://mnenjeplet.blogspot.com/2007/10/playground-of-information-and-meeting.html

Kristjan said...

This is my story about using Internet.
http://school99.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-i-started-using-internet.html
By by

slavko said...

Hi! Internet... It's a great thing! If you want you can check My first Internet contact.. http://slavkokodric.blogspot.com/

sladkitrak said...

hello!! The inernet is realy great!! Sometimes I get angry and impatient becouse the connection is slow or doesn`t work.:-)

see you!!

here is a conection to my weekly task on this topic.
http://sladkitrakprimojack.blogspot.com/2007/10/about-internet.html

Rok said...

there is link to my weekly task about using internet:D

http://roklozar88.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-i-start-using-internet.html

have a nice time:D

Search Engine Optimization said...

Aside from the complex physical connections that make up its infrastructure, the Internet is facilitated by bi- or multi-lateral commercial contracts (e.g., peering agreements), and by technical specifications or protocols that describe how to exchange data over the network. Indeed, the Internet is essentially defined by its interconnections and routing policies.

As of December 30, 2007, 1.319 billion people use the Internet according to Internet World Stats. Writing in the Harvard International Review, philosopher N.J. Slabbert, a writer on policy issues for the Washington, D.C.–based Urban Land Institute, has asserted that the Internet is fast becoming a basic feature of global civilization, so that what has traditionally been called "civil society" is now becoming identical with information technology society as defined by Internet use. - web design company, web designer, web design india

hjkl said...

welcome to the wow power leveling cheap Wow gold service site, buy cheap wow gold,wow gold,world of warcraft power leveling buy wow gold